SE Bikes Tripel 3-Speed City Bike – 2014
Strong and long lasting like its namesake (thrice malted beer), SE’s Tripel City Bike is hip and totally refreshing for 2014. Tripel’s hi-tensile steel frame and fork set are butted to ensure optimal light weight, comfort, and strength. Tripel also scores high on the versatility scale being ready for customization into a work or commuting bike.
Tripel’s unique 3-speed Shimano Nexus 3-speed drivetrain is contained in the rear hub, so no derailleurs to adjust or break–and speaking of brakes, the hub also houses the stop-on-a-dime coaster brake. To maximize efficiency and keep the weight down, Tripel rides on a pair of high-profile SE double wall alloy rims and Alex CityWide tires to give you incredibly low rolling resistance and superior traction in all kinds of conditions.
Resin platform pedals, a classic seat (with bottle opener, of course), and swept back handlebars give you excellent control, 360-degree visibility, and superior riding comfort to round out the total package of urban cycling credentials.
- Hi-tensile steel frameset is strong, and comfortable
- Nexus internal 3-speed hub with grip shift and coaster brake is the epitome of simple, safe, and zero maintenance
- Steel 3-piece cranks are strong, efficient, and ultra-durable
- Sweep back handlebars and classic saddle are comfortable for cross-town rides or short sprints
- Upright geometry provides excellent all-round visibility
- High-profile alloy rims are light, strong, aerodynamic, and great looking
- Water bottle, rack, and fender mounts to transform Tripel into a commuting machine